Friday, January 3, 2014

The Hop A Long Nerd...

The New Year is finally here!  I rang in 2014 at work sipping sparkling cider from a foam cup with lots of good food and good friends. Walking out of the office later, It felt like a giant manacle of doom had just lifted from shoulders. Time to throw out the junk food, the worry and enjoy my life again, yowza!

Starting it out with a Bang

Okay, I worked again on the 1st, so that can't count, I slept all day!  So the 2nd was really my bang to the new year. Leaving work, I headed straight to physical therapy, to really try and get some intense work done the next week.  Remember the fall in november?  Well that right knee still swells my leg up like a freaky balloon after being on it all night and it causes a crazy limp.  In the last week alone,the names thrown at me have been "Hop A Long", "Walks like a Penguin"....you get the point.  Some go so far as to walk beside me and mock me as I walk. Which is who I thought of today while groaning in pain in therapy. Laugh at me?  Ha!  Just wait, I'll run circles around you soon..but I won't mock, because I'm trying to be a better person.  (So If I fly past you running to my car soon, you'll know who you are, punk)

I did another round of meds for the pneumonia today, but that's okay, as long as it getting better finally!  Trying to get back control of your health and your life after a year such as it was is going to take time, but it's going to happen.  My friend at work suggested I watch some documentaries on the food industry to motivate me, which started the discussion into Whole Foods.  As I mentioned in the last post, we're on a tight budget right now, so I would have to sell  my Windstone Dragon Collection to go shopping for 6 of us at Whole Food!  She brought up Trader Joe's, so I'll have check that out.  Cutting out fast food is number one, followed by my addiction diet mountain dew, which I'm sipping as I write, truthfully.  But I hate, hate plain water, blech.  Which leads me to my first detox drink.  My sis found this sucker online last summer and I'm stocking up today.  It's apple soaked with cinnamon in a pitcher overnight, which she loved.  It's supposed to give you energy and flush out toxins. I'll post how it works after a week or two. 

Speaking of my wonderful sibling, she hooked me up for my birthday.  I have a box with Sephora nail polish, some new Buxom plumper gloss to try out and yummy herbal teas.  She also gave me some Stilla products, which I'm going to try today as well.  I'll post the reviews after I've tried them out.  

Getting my nerd back on, I ran out and picked up a new calendar to start off the new year.  Lists are typed out on my phone, appointments to make, errands to run.  This weekend I'm ready to declutter our homestead, so that will lead to more lists, as my Hubby pointed out tonight.  Snow's coming in and it's freezing outside, but, hey, a Nerd Mom being reborn doesn't let a little ice get her blue!  So back to PT tomorrow and on my way to taking back my life!


\





\


No comments:

Post a Comment